Too many questions have flooded my head. and I have found myself again lacking an explanation, a reason, something to make it all fit- a sort of miraculous logic.
Man....the Beatles sing my soul sometimes
"Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.
And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree, there will be an answer, let it be. For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see, there will be an answer. let it be."
I think I spend too much time getting to the most simple end- but I might not believe it if I didn't take the hard way- I'm under the impression that if I were initiating my faith and if it were based on my faithfulness to God to carry me through this life, this Christian life, then I would have let go a long time ago. Recently, His faithfulness to me has been by blowing apart every thought in my critical doubt.
I can nail nothing down without the existence of Jesus. Why justice, love, or knowledge? What can be directed higher than God? None of this life makes sense void of the culmination of Christ's life, death, and resurrection.
Thank God He is alive. Had he died, with Him also would have gone the way, the truth, and the life.
Therefore I am hopeful and herein lies my joy- my full out weepy joy.
"Let it be" - that there is an answer. It has been accomplished and it is for all of us to know.
John 14
"1"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.
2"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
3"If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
4"And you know the way where I am going."
5Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?"
6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
Oneness with the Father 7"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."
8Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us."
9Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
10"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.
"That which we obtain too easily we esteem too lightly, it is dearness that gives things its value, heaven knows how to put a proper price on its goods." -Thomas Paine
Tuesday, 8 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
the Beatles and Jesus in one post...that's great. great new pic, too!
i found it. and it's nice.
Post a Comment